Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Fit..! healthy...! positive...!

People sometimes ask me how do I keep my life going on the positive side?




Everything's so simple - I just focus on the positive, overcoming all the negative thoughts that come to me from time to time.

Wanna get some tips? Here we go:

1. WORK OUT! 

The feeling of accomplishment that I get after working out compares to nothing. It gives me a lot of positive energy and confidence for the whole day.


My workout program is always different- from push-ups and running to just dancing around simply having fun.An hour of exercising every day is what makes me happier than I am when I do not work out.
The thing is that I never force myself  to move, I do it with love and passion, that's why it works:)


2.EAT HEALTHY!

 Everyone who knows me knows I am a vitamin fan! While others count the calories in their meals I count the essential vitamins in mine. That's just great when I eat something with the deep understanding that it's really good for my health, that it doesn't make me fat and keeps my mood on top.
Of course, this doesn't mean that I'm starving to be skinny. This isn't my thing, I eat tasty, sometimes more than I have to. I indulge in dessert probably more than I should.Ice-cream,chocolate, chocolate, chocolate....mmmm,can't get over:) I also enjoy eating at restaurants, trying new things - though I gotta say it's really hard to impress me. 
My healthy food list
OATMEAL - In spite of all the things I hear about how bad it tastes, I still love it and eat it with pleasure. It tastes perfect for me, especially with nuts, honey or fruits topping.

10 benefits of Oatmeal

1. Low calorie food; stops cravings.
A cup is only 130 calories!  It also stays in your stomach longer, making you feel full longer.  You will have less hunger and cravings.
2. Provides high levels of fiber, low levels of fat, and high levels of protein.
It’s on the short list for the highest protein levels of any grain.
3. Stabilizes blood sugar and reduces risk of diabetes (type 2)
The high fiber and complex carbohydrates slow down the conversion of this whole food to simple sugars. The high levels of magnesium nourish the body’s proper use of glucose and insulin secretion.
4. Removes your bad cholesterol (without affecting your good cholesterol).
Many studies have shown that the unique fiber in oatmeal called beta-glucan, has beneficial effects on cholesterol levels
5.  Contains lignans which protect against heart disease and cancer.
Oatmeal, like many whole grains, contains plant lignans, which are converted by intestinal flora into mammalian lignans.  One lignan, called enterolactone, is thought to protect against breast and other hormone-dependent cancers as well as heart disease.
6. I love it - hahahahahaha)))))
7. Contains uniqueantioxidants beneficial for heart disease.
The unique antioxidants in oatmeal called called avenanthramides, help prevent free radicals from damaging LDL cholesterol, thus reducing the risk of cardiovascular disease.
8. Protects against heart failure.
A Harvard  study on 21,000 participants over 19 years showed that found that men who enjoyed a daily morning bowl of whole grain (but not refined) cereal had a 29 percent lower risk of heart failure.
Guess what grain is most easily found and prepared unrefined – oats.
9.  Enhances immune response to disease. The unique fiber in oatmeal called beta-gluten also has been shown to helps neutrophils travel to the site of an infection more quickly and  it also enhances their ability to eliminate the bacteria they find there
10. It tastes good!
All oats whether in flakes or groats form have gone through a heat process which gives them their rich nutty flavor.  This keeps them from spoiling. They have also been hulled.  This process does not strip away all the bran and germ allowing them to retain a concentrated source of  fiber and nutrients .

CURD - Healthy, tasty and nourishing. Sometimes mixed with sour-cream. Love it.

It is regarded that to gain maximum health benefits from curd, we should eat it at a right time. Have a quick glimpse at the health and nutritional benefits of curd.
  • Helps to improve the digestive system
  • Helps to strengthen the immune system
  • Helps to cope with stomach problems
  • Beneficial for dealing with osteoporosis
  • Consuming curd or yogurt increases the capacity to absorb the nutrients and minerals form other food stuffs
  • Proves beneficial for the lactose intolerants as they can gain all the nutritive contents of milkthrough curd
  • Consumption of curd provides relief to the person suffering from dysentery
  • Consuming curd proves beneficial for those suffering from vaginal infection
  • Helps to get strong bones and teeth as its calcium content is high
  • Helps to minimise the risk of high blood pressure
  • Coping with high level of cholesterol becomes easier with the help of curd
Fruits and Veggies - comments are not necessary :)



Dark chocolate -It's more than wishful thinking - dark chocolate may contribute to improved cardiovascular health.

While eating dark chocolate can lead to the health benefits described below, remember that chocolate is also high in fat. Use FitDay to keep track of your calories and nutrition as you work towards your weight loss goals. 

1) Dark Chocolate is Good for Your Heart

Studies show that eating a small amount of dark chocolate two or three times each week can help lower your blood pressure. Dark chocolate improves blood flow and may help prevent the formation of blood clots. Eating dark chocolate may also prevent arteriosclerosis (hardening of the arteries). 

2) Dark Chocolate is Good for Your Brain

Dark chocolate increases blood flow to the brain as well as to the heart, so it can help improve cognitive function. Dark chocolate also helps reduce your risk of stroke. 
Dark chocolate also contains several chemical compounds that have a positive effect on your mood and cognitive health. Chocolate contains phenylethylamine (PEA), the same chemical your brain creates when you feel like you're falling in love. PEA encourages your brain to release endorphins, so eating dark chocolate will make you feel happier.
Dark chocolate also contains caffeine, a mild stimulant. However, dark chocolate contains much less caffeine than coffee. A 1.5 ounce bar of dark chocolate contains 27 mg of caffeine, compared to the 200 mg found in an eight ounce cup of coffee.

3) Dark Chocolate Helps Control Blood Sugar

Dark chocolate helps keep your blood vessels healthy and your circulation unimpaired to protect against type 2 diabetes. The flavonoids in dark chocolate also help reduce insulin resistance by helping your cells to function normally and regain the ability to use your body's insulin efficiently. Dark chocolate also has a low glycemic index, meaning it won't cause huge spikes in blood sugar levels.

4) Dark Chocolate is Full of Antioxidants

Dark chocolate is loaded with antioxidants. Antioxidants help free your body of free radicals, which cause oxidative damage to cells. Free radicals are implicated in the aging process and may be a cause of cancer, so eating antioxidant rich foods like dark chocolate can protect you from many types of cancer and slow the signs of aging.

5) Dark Chocolate Contains Theobromine

Dark chocolate contains theobromine, which has been shown to harden tooth enamel. That means that dark chocolate, unlike most other sweets, lowers your risk of getting cavities if you practice proper dental hygiene.
Theobromine is also a mild stimulant, though not as strong as caffeine. It can, however, help to suppress coughs.

6) Dark Chocolate is High in Vitamins and Minerals


Dark chocolate contains a number of vitamins and minerals that can support your health. Dark chocolate contains some of the following vitamins and minerals in high concentrations:
  • Potassium
  • Copper
  • Magnesium 
  • Iron
The copper and potassium in dark chocolate help prevent against stroke and cardiovascular ailments. The iron in chocolate protects against iron deficiency anemia, and the magnesium in chocolate helps prevent type 2 diabetes, high blood pressure and heart disease. 
Eat chocolate- be healthy:)


3. LISTEN TO GOOD MUSIC

When I listen to the music I like,the word stops spinning. Feels like I get really close to what people call heavenly feeling. Music is everything, it turns me on, fulfills with positive attitude, makes me happy.
I listen to different kinds of music depending on how I feel at that particular time, from pop to blues, from lounge to alternative rock, etc.

4. NEVER THINK BAD ABOUT ANYTHING OR ANYONE!!!
This point is what I keep religiously. None of my days pass with negative feelings or thoughts about people, no matter what do they do and how do they live. I always keep myself apart from gossiping in the corners, spreading dirt over somebody's name. My mom always tells me, that if I do not want to ruin my life I need to close my eyes on all the bad that goes on. Forgive and let go and thing's will just be groovy...


5.NEVER SAY NEVER
Throughout the years I've learned that one should never say never, cause life's full of surprises and things happen just because they happen, not because we want them to happen or we make them happen.


6. BELIEVE 
When I do something, no matter what, talk to my loved ones, or shop I do everything with a great belief. That's something that we cannot go on without. I believe in myself, I believe in everything I do. When someone tells me that there is something I can't do, I try my best to prove the opposite and I do always succeed, cause I believe that I CAN!!!


Life's not simple, but there's no use to make it even more complicated, live easy, breath deep and keep on going!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment